What Is A Microcentrifuge Tube and About Features
What is a microcentrifuge tube?-A small centrifuge tube, microcentrifuge tubes also known as EP tube, is often in conjunction with a microcentrifuge for the separation.
Brief introductions of microcentrifuge tubes:
Microcentrifuge tube uses in:
- Temperature range: -20 to 90 °C. Autoclavable at 121 °C (2 bar) according to the material.
- And the density is 1.2 g/cm3, and it will not float on the water surface in the water bath experiment.
- The tube rack is into two parts (11 mm pore size, suitable for microcentrifuge tubes) or three parts (13 mm pore size, suitable for cell cryopreservation tubes) for easy assembly.
- Microcentrifuge tube rack: PP material, gray. Autoclavable (121 °C). 0.5 ml adapter.
- And equipped the tube rack with this adapter to hold 0.5 ml microcentrifuge tubes.
- In addition, microcentrifuge tubes used in the lab are easy to assemble and can for a long time.
Features of microcentrifuge tubes:
Disposable microcentrifuge tubes:
- Disposable microcentrifuge tubes are transparent polymer material polypropylene (PP), like centrifuge tubes, which are mainly for sample storage, operation, and centrifugation.
- 3 kinds of capacity specifications are optional: 0.5, 1.5, 2.0ml
- Conical bottom, smooth tube body, clear scale, maximum RCF up to 25,000xg
- And the unique design of the serrated sealing cover is different from the traditional sealing cover, which makes the sealing between the cover and the tube body.
- Tolerable range: -80°C~121°C, keep good transparency after high-temperature sterilization, no deformation
Disposable microcentrifuge tubes design:
- And designed the tube body and tube cover with a frosted writing area, which is convenient for experimental records
- Gamma sterilized and unsterilized optional
- The tube cover has a beveled edge, which has a good feel and is easy to open.
- The semi-closed function reduces the pollution caused by multiple sampling operations.
- In addition, high-quality molds and the inner wall are super smooth to reduce liquid adsorption residues.
- And using high-quality raw materials, the tube wall is super clear and easy to observe.
- At present, the small centrifuge tubes that are easy to open on the market have a large enough flat cover to make marking easier
- And the slanted cover makes the user “finger comfortable”, and a large amount of use will not cause finger injury.
- And can switch on and off thousands of times continuously, and the structure has no wear or leakage.
- Moreover opened and closed the tube cover in two steps, soft closing, and firm closing.
- When gently closed, should automatically open by touching the rear half cover when open again, which brings great convenience for adding solutions or reactants again, greatly reduces pollution, and provides further protection for users.
- The ring structure can also help the lid to open and hold to 30 degrees, 90 degrees, 125 degrees, or 180 degrees.
- In addition, if open and closed centrifugation is performed with the lid, the lid will not touch and break and will damage the centrifuge.
- Usually, the extremely smooth inner wall is produced by a five-star mold, smooth surface, and no liquid retention.
- And clean mold production process to ensure no DNase, RNase, and no heat source.
- The conical bottom has enough contact surface, which can effectively adhere and centrifuge to produce sediment, which will not be unreasonable on the wall of the centrifuge tube.