The Features and Function of Filtered Pipette Tips
The pipette is a lab consumable in biological research, and its accessory of it – filtered pipette tips are also very important in the experiment.
The tips are usually divided into several kinds, like filtered pipette tips, which are polypropylene plastic, which means colorless and transparent plastic, has high chemical inertness and has a wide temperature range.
The features and function of the sterile filtered pipette tip:
- Since the tip filter element is a filtered tip, its main function is to prevent cross-contamination.
- Unlike other tip types that contain additives that can inhibit enzymatic reactions, which prevent aerosols and liquids not sucked into the pipette body.
- Certified free of RNase, DNase, DNA, and pyrogen contamination, and all filters are pre-sterilized by radiation that can enhance the protection of biological samples.
- Prevent the pipette not damaged by the sample and greatly increase the service life of the pipette.
- In order to protect the pipette, prevent the liquid from sucking back and avoid cross-contamination during the experiment
- The price is a little more expensive than the ordinary pipette tips, and it is for experiments such as molecular biology, cytology, and virology.
- Amount of additives during the manufacturing process, and made by adding corresponding color-developing materials to polypropylene, which is a high-quality masterbatch, not cheap industrial pigments.
- Sterile-filtered pipette tips use a release agent to help the tip be quickly separated from the mold after molding.
- The low retention filter pipette tips are 100% polypropylene raw materials in a fully automatic clean room with cleanliness of 100,000.
- It has high transparency and flexibility to ensure accurate liquid dispensing. In order to ensure absolute purity, the production process complies with ISO 9001, eliminating all external sources of pollution.
- Using a sterile filtered pipette tip can ensure the consistency of your experimental results and ensure maximum accuracy and precision in your pipetting process.
- Precise matching brings perfect airtightness design to prevent leakage. The tip is high-purity polypropylene, which can provide the correct volume and ensure complete sample distribution.
- The suction head volume scale is easy to check the suction volume visually.
- Effective protection for the pipetting sample and can effectively block the aerosol generated during pipetting.
When to use filtered pipette tip:
- When to use the filtered pipette tips? The filtered pipette tips are for all molecular biology applications that are sensitive to contamination
- And also apply to isolate the virus in the sample, during the virus detection process.
- And helps reduce the possibility of smoke formation and prevents aerosol contamination, thereby protecting the pipette shaft from cross-contamination.
- Prevents the sample from entering the pipette and damaging the pipette during pipetting.
Why is it necessary to use a filtered pipette tip to detect viruses?
- The virus is contagious. If the filtered pipette tips are not separate the virus in the sample during the virus detection process, it will cause the virus to spread through the pipette;
- To test different samples, the filter tip can cross-contaminate the tissue samples during pipetting.
There are more introduces about pipette tips: pipette tips use, what is pipette tips material, etc.