The Difference between pH Reagent and pH Test Paper
When we need to detect the pH value of a liquid, we usually use the following two items: pH reagent and pH test paper, but do you know the difference between using pH reagent and pH test paper?
The difference between pH reagent and pH test paper:
The different designs of pH reagent and pH test paper:
- PH reagent is a kind of experimental supply to detect PH value. Take 2-3 drops of the reagent in 25ml of the solution, and then tested (colorless), shake well, and compare with the color card.
- According to the displayed color and color card, the pH value of the solution is easy to read.
- The ph test paper factory often made ready-made test paper, so when using it, only tear off a strip and put it in a watch glass.
- And dip a drop of the solution and tested with a dry glass rod, or use a plastic-tip dropper to draw the solution and drop it in the middle of the test paper.
- It is very convenient to know the acidity and alkalinity of the solution by comparing the color change of the test paper with the standard colorimetric card.
- And is divided into precision test paper and extensive test paper.
Application Scope and Features of pH reagents:
- It can measure any colorless acid-base solution with a pH value between 4-10.
- Using this product can display the corresponding color reaction on the colorimetric table.
- High precision, easy operation, low price, and easy to carry. (10ML/bottle packaging can be used about 300 times, pH test strips less than 90 times)
- pH reagents (pH 4-10) cannot accurately measure buffer solutions with too low or very weak concentrations
- And not considered for aquaculture, food processing, sewage treatment, food inspection, pharmaceuticals, drinking fountains, drinking cups, electricity, paper, testing work requirements such as teaching demonstration
How to use ph test paper:
- First, tested the liquid with a dropper, drop it on the pH test strips, compare it with the colorimetric card within half a minute, and read the pH value;
- And all kinds, such as a universal pH test strip, take the liquid and tested with a glass rod, spread it on the paper, compare it with the colorimetric card within half a minute, and read the pH value;
- Do not immerse the pH test strip in the liquid and test it, because will lost the indicator, resulting in inaccurate measurements, and the loss of the indicator will contaminate the liquid for testing.
- To detect the size of the pH value or the strength of acidity and alkalinity, used pH wide range test paper or precision test paper respectively
Remember the approximate color of the color card
- When the ph test paper in roll encounters solutions of different pH, it will show different colors, which should compare with the standard colorimetric card to determine the pH value of the solution.
- Note colors: red (pH=1 or 2), orange (pH=3 or 4), yellow (pH=5 or 6), green (pH=7 or 8), cyan (pH=9 or 10), blue (pH=11 or 12), violet (pH=13 or 14).
- Since affected the production of PH test strips to various factors such as indicator quality, environment, temperature, etc.
- And should fine-tune and print each batch of the pH test strips with standard colorimetric cards, so when pH test strips are for accurate detection, be sure to use batches of color charts for comparison.
There are more introduces about the type of centrifuge tubes, the material of the centrifuge tube, etc.