How to Verification Sealing Performance – Centrifuge Tubes
The sealing performance of centrifuge tubes is an important factor affecting the accuracy of experimental analysis results. Taking the process of testing the sealing performance as an example, introduces a testing method for the sealing performance.
Different types of centrifuge tubes:
Quick seal centrifuge tube:
- The quick seal centrifuge tube is common for experimental apparatus and the stratification and separation of liquid components in the tube.
And the tubes above:
- Large-capacity centrifuge tubes, small-capacity centrifuge tubes, and microcentrifuge tubes according to different capacities
- If the compatibility between the plug seal cap centrifuge tube cover is poor and the sealing is not strict, it will easily lead to the overflow and leakage of the liquid, and corrode the centrifuge.
- And for liquids with volatile components, it is also easy to cause the loss of volatile components
- Then which will affect the content of each component, thereby causing deviations in the experimental results.
How to Verification Sealing Performance in centrifuge tubes:
1. Test basis
There is no testing standard for the sealing performance of plastic centrifuge tubes in China. Here use the testing principle of the negative pressure method to test the sealing performance.
2. Test samples
- All sizes, like 50 ml centrifuge tubes, regarded a certain brand of plastic centrifuge tube as the test sample.
- And materials commonly used in the production of the tubes include polyethylene, polycarbonate, polypropylene, etc.
- Among them, polypropylene plastic centrifuge tubes have better performance.
3. Test principle
- The basic test principle of this equipment is the principle of the negative pressure method
- That is, the external environment where the sample is located reaches a certain degree of vacuum by vacuuming
- And under the action of the pressure difference, the gas will overflow from the inside of the sample along with the poor seal.
- Observing whether there are continuous bubbles on the surface of the sample in water or the shape recovery of the sample after releasing the vacuum, determines its sealing performance.
4. Test equipment
In fact, the commonly used testing equipment for testing the sealing performance of flexible plastic packaging and packaging containers is the sealing tester.
5. Sealing tester-test process in centrifuge tubes:
- First, immerse the sample of the centrifuge tube to be tested in the water in the sealing tank of the equipment, and cover the sealing cap.
- Set parameters such as vacuum degree and pressure holding time, turn on the vacuum pump and press the start button on the equipment panel to start the test.
- And observe whether there are continuous bubbles on the test surface during the vacuuming or pressure-holding process.
6. Test results
- In general, testing the sealing performance of three centrifuge tube samples, the three samples peaked at -65.1 KPa, -63.9 KPa, and -70.3 KPa, respectively.
- And the sealing performance of the tube is an important factor affecting whether the test can be smoothly and the accuracy of the test results.
- And it is a good way to test the sealing performance of a centrifuge tube by using an MFY-01 sealing tester.