How to Install and Usage Pipette Tips
A complete pipetting cycle, including the steps of pipette tips installation – volume setting – suction and discharge – removal of tips. there are some steps that need to be followed.
How to install pipette tip:
1. Install pipette tips
- For single-channel pipettes, insert the tip of the pipette vertically into the pipette tip, and then turn it slightly left and right to tighten it;
- For multi-channel pipettes, align the channel of the pipette with the tips, insert it obliquely, and shake it back and forth to tighten it;
- Make sure the airtightness of the tip, does not impact the pipette.
2. Capacity setting
- Turn it counterclockwise to the scale to adjust from a large volume to a small volume;
- When adjusting from a small volume to a large volume, you can first adjust the set volume clockwise, and then return to the set volume, which can ensure accuracy.
- Do not turn the adjustment knob out of the range, otherwise, it will damage the mechanical device in the pipette.
3. Aspiration and discharge
- Press the lab pipette tips button to the position, release the button, and perform aspiration.
- Remember not to be too fast, otherwise, the liquid will enter the tip too fast, and suck the pipette.
- The liquid is close to the wall of the container, first press the first gear, pause for a while, and then press the second gear to remove the remaining liquid.
4. Vertical suction.
- For 5 and 10ul pipettes tips, immersed the tip in the liquid surface for 5mm, slowly suck the liquid,
- After reaching the ideal volume, leave the liquid surface unless pause under the liquid surface for seconds
- When sucking volatile liquid, it is necessary to rinse the suction head 4-6 times to make the steam in the sleeve chamber saturated, which can avoid liquid leakage.
Correct placement of the pipette and pipette tip:
- After pipette tips use, you can hang it upright on the pipette holder, but not drop it.
- Do not put the pipette horizontally or upside down, so as to avoid the liquid from flowing back and corroding the piston spring.
- If not in use, adjust the range of the pipette to a large scale, so that the spring is in a relaxed state to protect the spring
Common mistakes of disposable pipette tips use:
- When assembling the disposable pipette tips use, repeatedly hitting the tip makes it difficult to remove the tip and even damages the pipette.
- When aspirating liquid, tilted the pipette, resulting in inaccurate pipetting, and the liquid can easily enter the pipette handle.
- When aspirating liquid, releasing the thumb quickly will force the liquid to form a turbulent state, and the liquid will directly rush into the inside of the pipette.
- Press directly to the second gear to aspirate (should follow the standard method above).
- Use a large-scale pipette to remove small-volume samples (selected a pipette with a suitable range).
- Lay the pipette with the residual liquid tip flat ( hung on the pipette rack).