Frequently Asked Questions about Serological Pipettes
The types of serological pipettes are polystyrene pipettes, plastic pipettes, disposable plastic serological pipettes, and disposable serological pipettes, which are for pipetting during experiments such as bacterial culture and cell culture.
The function of serological pipette:
This product is often for laboratories, schools, research institutes, hospitals, and other places. Some users find some problems during use. What is the reason? How to solve it? Let me answer for you:
How do solve the inconsistent suction serological pipette volume?
- Reason 1: polluted piston
Serological pipettes always for a long time or that are not properly handled (such as the suction of the tip’s range will cause the liquid to flow into the tube) can cause the pipette to accumulate stains.
Solution: After opening, you can use a cotton swab or a soft brush to dip a small amount of water to clean up the stains. For more stubborn substances, rinse the pipette with plenty of water, and then dry it naturally or in an oven at 60°C.
- Reason 2: The tip does not match
When using the products for a long time, always frequently replace the tips. The replaced tip may not be a regular tip or an original tip, which will easily lead to inconsistent suction of the tip.
- To replace the tip, should use the original tip.
- Serological pipettes are able to detect appearance, size, airtightness, volume error, sterility, and DNase/RNase items.
- And the tube body adopts the color bar background color and the positive and negative double scale design to ensure the accuracy of the capacity.
- The tube body and nozzle of the welded product should be ultrasonic welding process to ensure air tightness.
- It is suitable for production enterprises that use polystyrene as the main raw material, and the laboratory temperature is 0℃～55℃.
There are other consultation questions about serological pipettes:
1. What does the tampon in the serological pipette do?
- Tampons can provide some protection against liquid splashing and suction back into the pipette, avoiding aerosol diffusion and preventing cross-contamination between samples.
- If not attached to the tampon to the product nozzle, you continue to use the product.
2. Can the product withstand moist heat sterilization?
- All products (except extruded straws) are made of polystyrene, which is disposable plastic consumables, and disposable serological pipettes sterile at high temperature, high pressure, or high humidity.
- If your application requires sterility, should purchase pre-sterilized products, or purchase reusable glass serological pipette products.
3. Is the product sterile serological pipettes sterile/enzyme-free?
Two existing product lines produce serological pipettes that are sterile, pyrogen-free, cytotoxic, and nuclease-free.
4. Is the scale on the pipette accurate?
And should measure the volume accuracy of the product by the full volume, the accuracy is ±3% of the total volume, and the volume accuracy of other specifications is ±2% of the total volume
5. How long is the shelf life?
Usually 3-5 years. Please refer to each batch of documents for the specific validity period.
6. What are the storage conditions?
And should store serological pipettes in a dry room temperature environment, taking care to avoid UV, ozone, exhaust gas, fumes, etc.