Factors Affecting Pipette Tip Quality
The pipette tip is an indispensable accessory for pipettes. The quality of the tips has a great influence on the accuracy of pipetting. Pipettes and tips together form a complete pipetting system. The best pipetting results are usually with pipettes and tips from the same manufacturer.
Classification of pipette tips:
As consumables used in conjunction with pipettes, pipette tips can be standard tips, filter tips, low adsorption tips, automatic workstation tips, and wide-mouth tips according to different applications.
Factors affecting pipette tip quality:
1. Material of pipette tip
- At present, the pipette tip material on the market is basically polypropylene plastic, which is colorless and transparent plastic with high chemical inertness and a wide temperature range.
- While people recycled low-cost tips are also polypropylene plastic with High-quality.
- Many pipettes are polypropylene material that meets the USP Class-VI standard, with high transparency, organic solvent resistance, wide temperature resistance range: -80℃~121℃, no deformation after high temperature, and high pressure, high-quality raw material with high performance.
2. Additives in the pipette tip
In addition, most tips will also add a small number of additives during the manufacturing process. Common ones are
- Color-developing materials for blue tips and yellow tips;
- Additives to help tips in forming After that, it is quickly separated from the mold. Additives for treating the surface of the low adsorption gun head.
- The more additives, the higher the probability of undesired chemical reactions during pipetting,
- Without additives, the production process requirements are relatively high, and few manufacturers can achieve them.
- Users choose reusable pipette tips the industry’s advanced mold design technology.
- It adopts ultra-fine grinding and molding technology, which can be without a release agent, and the inner wall is smooth, which minimizes the liquid residue.
3. Biological contamination in the pipette tip
- More and more users will demand that the tips are RNase-free, DNase-free, pyrogen- and ATP-free, and endotoxin-free.
- Many people choose cheap pipette tips that cannot completely guarantee no biological contamination.
- To ensure no biological contamination, steps such as gamma-ray treatment are also required.
- Process ordinary tips into non-biological contamination tips and the purchased non-biological contamination boxed tips and provide corresponding certificates to indicate the test data of the corresponding items.
- The best pipette tip has a 100,000-level dust-free workshop to ensure that the products are free of pyrogen, DNase, RNase, and endotoxin.
- The factors affecting the pipette tip also have filter element, tightness, no DNase and RNase, no pyrogen, etc.