Brief Introductions of Deep Well Plates
Deep-well plates are for cell biology, molecular biology, new drug development, combinatorial chemistry, screening, and genomics research, and are made under class 10,000 clean conditions.
Classification of deep well plates:
1. According to the deep well plate volume:
The more common ones can be 96 deep well plates,24 deep well plates, and 384-well plates.
2. The hole type:
And the plate can be above a round hole type and square deep well plate.
3The shape of the bottom of the hole:
There are two common types: U-shaped and V-shaped.
Features of deep-well plates:
- The deep well plate is polymer material polypropylene,
- And has good chemical compatibility and is often for the storage of most polar organic solutions, acidic and alkaline solutions, and other laboratory liquids.
- Good chemical compatibility. And the whole board has no bubbles, no streaks, and no leakage.
- And with high mechanical strength and firm bonding. And gamma-ray sterilization and non-sterilization are optional.
- Filtration will not affect stored samples or bacterial/cell growth. For highly sensitive biological applications, RNase/DNase-free deep-well plates are available.
- Available in a variety of well shapes and volumes, while strictly following SBS/ANSI standards, they are compatible with multiple brands of microplate washers and other automated equipment.
- For routine experiments and sample storage, deep-well plates offer a 1ml working volume and an affordable, easy-to-use solution.
- In addition to operational flexibility, solvent resistance and automation compatibility are equally important, and precisely engineered polypropylene square deep-well plates
- Available in red, blue, and black.
- And the colorful design greatly facilitates users to distinguish different storage samples, experimental items, etc. through different colors during the experiment.
The scope of use of deep-well plate:
- Storage samples:
- Deep-well plate use can replace the conventional standard centrifuge tube to store samples, and people neatly placed during storage, saving space,
- And has a large storage capacity and can withstand standard-temperature refrigerators.
- Processing samples:
- Combined with a discharge gun, high-throughput automatic liquid manipulation instruments,
- And software to achieve high-throughput operations on biological samples,
- Such as protein precipitation and liquid-liquid extraction.
- PP material is more resistant to standard high temperatures and autoclave sterilization.
- Sampling operation:
- In a deep well plate factory, users used the products in various autosamplers,
- And directly placed in the sample chamber of the autosampler for injection.
- Not only double the number of samples in the sample chamber but also realize the sample storage in the sample chamber.
- The plate can be directly injected after processing, eliminating the tedious work of drawing samples back and forth, placing samples, inserting cannulas, and washing bottles.
There are also introduces about the use of PCR plates,the PCR plate volume, etc.